- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons water (hot)
- 2 tablespoons white miso (the brand recommended to me at Canyon Ranch is miso master)
- 20 ounces salmon fillets (four 5-ounce pieces), about 1 inch thick
- kosher salt for seasoning
- black pepper freshly cracked, for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
In a medium sized bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, hot water and miso, stirring with a whisk.
Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish or foiled liked baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon miso mixture evenly over fish.
Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting again halfway through cooking with miso glaze (two times total). Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.