- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons water (hot)
- 2 tablespoons white miso (the brand recommended to me at Canyon Ranch is miso master)
- 20 ounces salmon fillets (four 5-ounce pieces), about 1 inch thick
- kosher salt for seasoning
- black pepper freshly cracked, for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
In a medium sized bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, hot water and miso, stirring with a whisk.
pre-heat oven 350
Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish or foiled liked baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 of miso mixture evenly over fish.
Bake for 15 minutes and then baste the rest of miso mixture over the fish. Return to oven for another 15 or until done. Should flake.