3 T minced fresh ginger
1 T minced fresh garlic
2 T dried coriander
4 T fresh lime juice
4 T honey
4 T Vegetable Stock
2 T low-sodium tamari (soy) sauce
1 T peanut oil
2 T canned, diced green chili peppers
4 skinless chicken breasts, boned and defatted
1 1/4 cups shredded bok choy
2 c shredded savoy cabbage
1 1/2 cu thinly sliced carrots
3/4 cu thinly sliced red bell peppers
2 T sliced almonds
2 cu cooked Japanese soba noodles
1. combine ginger, garlic, coriander, lime juice, honey, veg. stock, tamari, oil, and chiles in a blender container and puree until smooth.
2. Divide sauce in half. Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish and pour 1/2 of the sauce over the chicken. Cover and place in fridge overnight. Refrigerate remaining sauce for the cabbage salad.
3. Preheat oven to 400
4. In a large salad bowl, combine bok choy, cabbage, carrots and red bell pepper with reserved sauce. Mix well. More flavorful if this step is done hours before serving. overnight is okay too.
5. Place marinated chicken in a baking dish and roast in oven 10-15 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with fork. Slice each breast into 1/4 inch slices.
6. Place 1/2 cup soba noodles, 1 cup cabbage salad on a plate and top with chicken slices.
garnish each serving with 1 1/2 t almonds
makes 4 servings
if just making chicken and using full dressing recipe then double the chicken. Serves more than 8.