5 oz salmon filet
2 t butter
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 t minced garlic
2 c peeled, chopped potatoes, about 2 large (red bliss work well)
1 qt fish stock
1/2 c 2 % milk (I use skim and it works fine)
1/2 t black pepper
2/3 t salt
1. Break salmon fillet into thin small flakes and set aside.
2. In a large stock pot, melt butter and sauté celery, onions, and garlic until translucent
3. Add stock and potatoes. Bring to boil over high heat, then lower until potatoes are tender.
4. Transfer 1/2 of the soup to a blender and puree or use hand blender and blend about half.
5. Return pureed soup to stock pot and add salmon flakes and milk and slowly heat. Add salt and pepper.
Extras…. I throw in some corn (1/2 C), some white wine (about a T) and even some parsnip and some dill.