4 chicken thighs ( or equivalent in breasts)
1 cup white rice (I will try brown)
1 1/2 c chicken broth
2 TBLE olive oil
1/2 onion diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup (at least, I would use more) fresh chopped cilantro
1 can black beans drained (equivalent dry, soaked and cooked until just tender even better)
salt and pepper to taste
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper– can add other spices as well
- In large skillet, add oil and place chicken skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Flip chicken and cook for another 3 minutes
- Take the chicken out and add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil and onions and toast for three minutes.
- Add the garlic and then pour in chicken stock and place chicken on top of rice.
- Bring to boil and then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, take the chicken out and add in the cilantro, black beans and lime juice. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Serve chicken over rice and can garnish with more cilantro.