- 1/2 pound soba, or whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small bunch scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons mixed black sesame seeds and toasted white sesame seeds
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the soba and cook until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the edamame, carrots, scallions and soba to the bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with the sesame seeds.
one chicken cut into 8 pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup potato starch if for passover… if not flour is fine too
2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 ” pieces (if you aren’t a big fan of fennel use just one but get the flavor of two by using the fronds. Can remove it before serving)
4 shallots halved if large
4 garlic cloves, smashed
3 T olive oil
2 t kosher salt
3/4 tea freshly group pepper
3/4 tea white pepper (I don’t have white pepper and didn’t bother using it)
2 T fresh parsley
1 preheat oven to 400. spray cooking sheet with cooking spray
2. place the chicken pieces and flour in a large resealable bag and toss to evenly coat.
3. place chicken and garlic in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put into oven and then 15 minutes later add the fennel and shallots. If you start everything all at once the vegetables will be mushy. Cook till done 40-45 minutes.
4. sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Still tasty and good if you make a day early.
8 oz med egg noodles
4 large eggs
4 Tble oil divided
1 cup orange juice
1/8 t powdered ginger
1 medium sized peeled and diced apple
3 Tble sugar
1 tea salt
1/4 tea cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup diced mixed dried fruit: prunes, apricots, currents, figs, dates, etc
Cook noodles as instructed on package. Add 2T of the oil and set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl beat the eggs with sugar. Add remaining oil and then OJ, cinnamon, ginger, salt and fruit.
Then add noodles and mix well.
Transfer to greased 10″ square pan or equivalent. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10-20 minutes longer. Cool slightly and then cut.
Serve warm or at room temp.